Identity verification is necessary as part of our effort to know our customers and prevent misuse of funds.
During the verification, you will be requested to complete these two steps:
- Take a live photo of your National ID (front and back)
- Take a selfie
For visual steps, click here: Steps to complete your identity verification successfully
To complete the steps successfully, do keep these tips in mind:
When taking photos of your National ID:
- Take a photo of your original National ID, not from a scanned or digital copy.
- The front and back must be clear and all the content legible.
- remove any stickers or plastic that may be blocking the content
- Make sure all edges of your ID are fully in frame
- Remove any outer cover or protective case before taking the photo
- it would improve the sharpness of the photo
- Ensure you have the right lighting to reduce glare
- dark environment and/or strong background lighting might result in low-quality photos that are tough to analyze
- if the photo you took is blurry or poorly lit, retake it again
Good to know: Your document needs to be in good condition and NOT damaged or tampered with
When you are asked to take a selfie, please check that:
- Your face is fully visible and within the white frame
- You have removed your glasses and masks that make it harder for us to identify you.
- You are in a place with good lighting
If you experience an issue completing the verification step, you may want to consider checking the following:
- You are connected to a good and stable internet connection
- Your device's front camera is working
- You have allowed Pace app or your browser access to use your camera. This access is needed to complete the verification process.
Do give it some time. The process might take 2 - 5 mins.
If the process takes longer than 5 minutes, retry the steps by closing all active sessions.
If the issue persists, get in touch with our customer support firstname.lastname@example.org